We’re Expanding Our Team With A Senior Associate/Principal
Supernode Ventures is searching for a Senior Associate/Principal to join our team in New York City.
Founded in 2017, we are an early-stage VC firm with a mission to make the world a better place through next-level technologies built by battle-tested Founders. The fund is called Supernode because we use the power of our considerable connections in media and industry to give an edge to our portfolio companies. Supernode Ventures Fund I has invested in 45+ portfolio companies, including some incredible stars such as Braze (IPO), Electric.AI ($90M Series D), Habi.co ($100M Series B), DeepScribe.ai ($30M Series A) and New Age Meats ($25M Series A), among others.
Like Fund I, Supernode Fund II will continue to be a generalist pre-seed and seed-stage vehicle making investments in eCommerce, FinTech, Logistics & Supply Chain, Healthcare Tech, Mobility and Enterprise SaaS software companies across industries. We may do some Consumer investments, but the company must be moat-driven vs. brand-driven. We are also exploring Web 3.
With offices in NYC, Supernode invests in deals across North America, LATAM and Canada, backing strong founding teams who understand the value of applying technology to knotty problems that customers will pay to have solved. Supernode likes to make deals earlier than most traditional VCs not only in order to gain ownership, but also to maximize our ability to help guide our portfolio companies in making the right decisions as they grow.
Supernode is looking for an incredibly talented investor with venture experience to join our team. This individual will be involved in all aspects of Supernode Ventures’ activities, and will be considered a senior member of the Investment team. As a key person on the team, you will have the opportunity to earn Carry in the Fund.
The role includes:
- All aspects of fund operations, including sourcing deals, market sizing, due diligence, writing investment memos, communicating with founders, tracking fund performance;
- Events. Be prepared to turn on the charm. From 20-person customer dinners to rooftop cocktail hours for VCs, to 100-person virtual discussions for entrepreneurs, events are our lifeblood. Part of our value add for our portfolio (and for the VCs who syndicate to us) is the large network we have. In-person get-togethers help seal those relationships, seal the deals and help you further grow your network as well :)
Candidate must have:
- 2–5 years venture experience (preferably with your own track record) or a credible portfolio of angel investments is a must;
- A strong network of your own in the venture community;
- Entrepreneurial spirit — this fund is a startup — you need to be able to work in a structured as well as an unstructured environment, be self-directed and act like an owner;
- Peerless written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills; strong attention to detail;
Other things we like:
- Tech background/Coding experience;
- Past experience at an enterprise/SaaS tech company
If interested, please send an email with “Principal Role,” in the subject header, along with a cover letter and resume to: Laurel@supernode.vc